Worcester City Council purchased Tudor House from Richard Cadbury in the early 1920s. From at least 1924 it was put to use as the city’s Children’s Clinic. Throughout the next 44 years the buildings played host to various clinics at which many doctors, nurses and support workers were in attendance. The School Medical Officers ran the clinics, a role that required a suitably qualified doctor. The council got through many such doctors whilst the clinic was at Tudor House – six of them women, and many of them pioneers in their field.
